The University of Pittsburgh Graduate and Professional Government is currently seeking candidates to fill the GPSG Executive Board offices for the 2020 – 2021 Academic Year with positions beginning in May 2020. This opportunity is open to all University of Pittsburgh graduate students regardless of prior experience in student government or graduate student organizations. Officer positions are eligible to receive a stipend, contingent upon University policy.
Available positions include President, VP of Committees, VP of Communications, VP of Finance, and VP of Programming. For a complete explanation of the responsibilities of each Executive Office, please see the GPSG Bylaws. For more information about GPSG, we invite you to explore the rest of our website.
Applying to be a Candidate
To qualify as a candidate, you must be enrolled in or accepted to begin graduate or professional school at the University of Pittsburgh during the Fall 2020 semester.
To apply, you must submit the following materials via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 8 pm EST on Monday, February 17, 2020:
- Candidate Biography
- Tell us a bit about yourself: school, undergraduate university, and your leadership experience
- Brief Candidate Statement
- Please tell us about your plans for what you will do in this position
- Candidate Picture
The combined length of the candidate statement and candidate biography must be 500 words or less. The statement, biography, and picture will be displayed on the candidate pages on the GPSG website. The brief candidate statement will be displayed on the voting page.
Candidate profiles will be available after call for nominations period end.
- log on to your my.pitt.edu portal
- Select “Vote: GPSG Elections” in the Green Box in the left hand corner under Take Action and follow the steps to vote
- Note: You will vote for each candidate separately, you do not have to vote for every available position
Below are some dates currently set for the election.
- Call for Candidates: January 13th – February 17th
- Q&A with the Current Board: TBD, tentatively planned for last week of January
- Campaign Week: February 23rd – February 29th
- Voting: March 1st – March 7th
- Notification of Results: March 16th
Executive Board Transitions
Individuals elected into positions are expected to attend executive board transitions and installations on the following dates (tentative):
- Monday, March 23rd
- Thursday, March 26th
- Friday, March 27th
- Saturday, March 28st