The Graduate and Professional Student Government (GPSG) is the student government for all graduate and professional students at the University of Pittsburgh. We administer half of the graduate student activity fee to provide services and event programming to all graduate and professional students.
GPSG connects students to Pitt administrators through graduate student representation on many University committees. Please feel free to contact us with any issues or concerns.
See our Long Range Plan for the 2016-2017 year here: GPSG Long Range Plan 2016-2017
Graduate and professional students can also get involved with the GPSG by attending our monthly assembly meetings or visiting our office in William Pitt Union. Please see the calendar for times and locations.
Examples of programs and services we provide include the following:
- Social events
- Annual funding for the school-level graduate/professional student governments
- Travel grants to students presenting at conferences. (See Travel Grant)
- Free legal services
- Sponsorship of additional activities ranging from social functions to academic workshops (See Supplemental Funding)
- Representation on university committees
- Annual Leadership & Service Awards
825 William Pitt Union
3959 Fifth Avenue,
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
*Closed on University holidays
The GPSG Office will observe these office hours congruent with the University calendar for classes. Thus, we will be closed for university recognized holidays and any school-wide closures or class cancellations.