The University of Pittsburgh Graduate and Professional Student Government (GPSG) seeks to fill an Executive Administrator position beginning in May 2021. The student holding this position will be appointed as a two-term graduate student assistant, which includes stipend, tuition remission, and health benefits. Job duties, personnel requirements, required skills, compensation, and application procedures are described below. Please direct further inquiries to Amanda Leifson at: email@example.com.
- – Manage the GPSG office
- – Assist officers with various tasks
- – Attend and record GPSG meetings and various events
- – Respond to student questions, emails, and concerns
- – Coordinate the annual GPSG officer elections
- – Full-time graduate or professional student at the University of Pittsburgh during the 2021-2022 academic year
- – Students may be eligible to work for two years in this position, with approval from the Executive Board at the end for the first year
- – Eligible to work in the United States
- – Be in good academic standing (have and maintain a 3.00 GPA and be making progress toward degree)
- – Available to work approximately 20 hours per week Fall and Spring term, with a majority of time during University business hours and at least three hours in the evening.
- – Available for summer term employment at an hourly rate (hours negotiable, up to 30 max)
- – Motivated to help students
- – Able to work independently
- – Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- – Able to multi-task effectively and learn new skills quickly
- – Skilled in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Outlook)
- – Experience in event coordinating, leadership, or website maintenance and development a plus
- – Priority given to students with previous experience in administration, (graduate) student governance, and/or academic service
- – Graduate Student Assistant stipend
- – Tuition remission
- – Health insurance benefits
- – Summer hourly employment
Interested students should send a resume, brief cover letter addressed to the “GPSG Executive Administrator Search Committee”, and contact information for 2 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8pm on Friday, March 5, 2021. All files received by then are guaranteed full consideration. All files received by then are guaranteed full consideration. You will be contacted by March 12, 2021 regarding the status of your application. We aim to interview shortlisted candidates March 18-19, 2021. The selected EA candidate is expected to attend Executive Board transitions March 25-27, and March 31. Further details will be given upon selection.