The University of Pittsburgh Graduate and Professional Government is currently seeking candidates to fill the GPSG Executive Board offices for the 2019 – 2020 Academic Year with positions beginning in May 2019. This opportunity is open to all University of Pittsburgh graduate students regardless of prior experience in student government or graduate student organizations. Officer positions are eligible to receive a stipend, contingent upon University policy.
Available positions include President, VP of Committees, VP of Communications, VP of Finance, and VP of Programming. For a complete explanation of the responsibilities of each Executive Office, please see the GPSG Bylaws. For more information about GPSG, we invite you to explore the rest of our website.
Applying to be a Candidate
To qualify as a candidate, you must be enrolled in or accepted to begin graduate or professional school at the University of Pittsburgh during the Fall 2019 semester.
To apply, you must submit the following materials via email (email@example.com) no later than 8 pm EST on Friday, March 8, 2019:
- Candidate Biography
- Tell us a bit about yourself: school, undergraduate university, and your leadership experience
- Brief Candidate Statement
- Please tell us about your plans for what you will do in this position
- Candidate Picture
The combined length of the candidate statement and candidate biography must be 500 words or less. The statement, biography, and picture will be displayed on the candidate pages on the GPSG website. The brief candidate statement will be displayed on the voting page.
See a list of our candidates here.
Below are some dates currently set for the election.
- Call for Candidates: February 11th – March 8th
- Q&A with the Current Board: February 28th from 5-6pm in WPU 822
- Campaign Week: March 13th – March 23rd
- Voting: April 1st – April 6th
- Notification of Results: April 9th
Executive Board Transitions
Individuals elected into positions are expected to attend executive board transitions and installations on the following dates:
- Thursday, April 11th, 5:00pm-7:00pm
- Friday, April 12th, 10:00am-2:00pm
- Saturday, April 13th, 9:30am-12:00pm